Health & Safety in Rigging
This 3-day course provides participants with knowledge and expertise regarding Health and Safety in Rigging. Rigging is basically when workers prepare equipment to be lifted by cranes, hoists or other material-handling machinery. It is a common work process on shipyard and construction sites, among other places. Performing rigging operations safely is critical and this course covers all necessary precautions that should be taken while undergoing rigging.
Objectives of Course
- Understand rigging procedures. Learn about the equipment employed in rigging.
- Understanding the functionality of equipment used individually.
- Understanding the hazards attached with rigging.
- Understanding how to control hazards associated with rigging.
- Verification and understanding the importance of safe rigging practices.
- Understand the need for making real-time decisions for personal and others’ safety.
Topic / content outline
- Principles of Rigging
- Potential Hazard Analysis
- Basic understanding of equipment employed in rigging
- Identification of precautionary methods
- Critical decisions
- Personal Safety and safety of others
Who Should Attend?
- Crane operator
- Rig manager
- Rig workers
- Health and safety supervisor